The Central Finance Board
of the Methodist Church
BANKING IS AT THE HEART OF THE FINANCIAL SYSTEM AND AN ESSENTIAL PART OF A MODERN ECONOMY BUT IT WILL ONLY RETAIN ITS LICENCE TO OPERATE IF IT CAN BE TRUSTED BY SOCIETY.
Our mission, alongside the Church, is to seek practical solutions which combine Christian ethics and investment returns. We therefore aim...
- to provide a high quality investment service seeking above average returns
- to follow a discipline in which the ethical dimension is an integral part of all investment decisions
- to construct investment portfolios consistent with the moral stance and teachings of the Christian faith
- to encourage strategic thinking on the ethics of investment
- to be a Christian witness in the investment community
Royal Dutch Shell
Shell is a good example of how we engage with an integrated oil company on the many ethical issues that arise ... Continue reading →
We met with Vodafone to discuss the changing landscape on access to pornographic content. We were pleased to note that ... Continue reading →
New Gambling and Electricity Generation Papers
The CFB has recently published new position papers and policy statements ...Continue reading →