The Central Finance Board
of the Methodist Church
use of resources
Continued pressure through engagement
Engagement continues to be a major part of our work ...
Our mission, alongside the Church, is to seek practical solutions which combine Christian ethics and investment returns. We therefore aim...
- to provide a high quality investment service seeking above average returns
- to follow a discipline in which the ethical dimension is an integral part of all investment decisions
- to construct investment portfolios consistent with the moral stance and teachings of the Christian faith
- to encourage strategic thinking on the ethics of investment
- to be a Christian witness in the investment community
Ecumenical reflections on mining
We have been working to organise dialogue between mining companies and the church across different denominations. The work built on ... Continue reading →
We are extending further our work on the investment implications of climate change, building on our longstanding climate change policy ... Continue reading →
New Gambling and Electricity Generation Papers
The CFB has recently published new position papers and policy statements ...Continue reading →