The Central Finance Board
of the Methodist Church
A safer world
Increased focus on the impact of gambling
New ways to access and participate in gambling has led to growing concerns ...
Our mission, alongside the Church, is to seek practical solutions which combine Christian ethics and investment returns. We therefore aim...
- to provide a high quality investment service seeking above average returns
- to follow a discipline in which the ethical dimension is an integral part of all investment decisions
- to construct investment portfolios consistent with the moral stance and teachings of the Christian faith
- to encourage strategic thinking on the ethics of investment
- to be a Christian witness in the investment community
Engagement on climate change continues to be a major part of our work. Through the Church Investors Group (CIG), the ... Continue reading →
Our new policy, Climate Change: Implications for Electricity Generation marked a further stage in our work on climate change issues ... Continue reading →
New Gambling and Electricity Generation Papers
The CFB has recently published new position papers and policy statements ...Continue reading →